To our valued customers and community,
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, our entire team is ready and standing by to support you. As a wellness company and the world's leading innovator in infrared saunas, we are focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees and our customers. The good news is, a therapeutic grade infrared sauna, like ours, can help your immune system tremendously.
How we think we can help you: Now more than ever, paying attention to your health is imperative. Using your (or your local centers') infrared sauna to boost and strengthen your immune system may help reduce the chance of getting sick in the first place. Using your infrared sauna can boost your immune system in many ways:
- Infrared Saunas create an artificial fever by raising your core body temperature. That is your body's natural immune response to viral and bacterial illness.
- Infrared Saunas stimulate the production of white blood cells, your body's natural defense against bacteria and viruses.
- Infrared Saunas help eliminate toxins in your body. With this lower toxin load, your body will work more efficiently at fighting bacteria and viruses.
Dr. Raleigh Duncan, the founder of Clearlight Infrared Saunas, suggests the following:
As you already may know, the following steps from the World Health Organization may help to reduce your chance of infection:
- Wash your hands frequently to kill the virus.
- Stay 3 - 6 feet away (1.5m) from people especially if they are coughing/sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth; this is where the virus can enter your body.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene; cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical help if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing. Be sure to call first.
Studies show that spending time in a sauna can boost the immune system. Here are some of the studies for your information:
National Institute of Health:
Effect of a Single Finnish Sauna Session on White Blood Cell Profile and Cortisol Levels in Athletes and Non-Athletes
National Institute of Health:
Regular sauna bathing and the incidence of common colds.
Differentiation of CD8+ T cells into effector cells is enhanced by physiological range hyperthermia
Protection from CoronaVirus on a Cellular Level:
Keeping our employees safe: Years ago, in an effort to provide better service for our customers, we moved all of our infrastructures to the cloud. With the current environment, this allows most of our employees to work at home to continue to provide service and support for our customers and stay healthy at the same time. Our warehouse staff will continue to ship Clearlight Jacuzzi Infrared Saunas to our customers across the globe, although given the unfolding nature of COVID-19 this could be on a more limited basis. Our warehouses are working with smaller crews and limited hours, and observing additional recommended health and safety measures in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO), keeping a distance from other employees and wearing masks, goggles, and gloves for all handling of goods.
We remain committed to the health and safety of our team, customers and the community. Please feel free to reach out to our infrared sauna specialists in your region on the below numbers:
AU: 1800 957 150
NZ: 0800 437 213
UK: 0238 202 6522
We are standing by to answer any questions you may have during these trying times and remain committed to supporting you and your loved ones to achieve optimal health and wellbeing.
Best in health,
Sebastian Mierau & Johannes Kettelhodt
Co-CEO's, Clearlight Saunas International